PASSIVATIONS FOR ZINC TOTALLY FREE OF CHROME
ZEC-COAT is a nanotechnology sealant sealed and patented by HSK of Japan to be used on electrolytic zinc, Zamak and zinc flake. With a thin film of silver or black color and self-healing property it offers a high resistance to corrosion.
CHARACTERISTICS OF ZEC COAT
• Completely chromium free “perfect chromium free”.
• No dangerous chemicals or heavy metals (Conforms to ELV,
• Thin layer less than 1 micron thick.
• It does not cause blocking of the recess in Torx, Phillips, Allen screws, etc.
PRINCIPLE OF CORROSION RESISTANCE OF ZEC- COAT
• ZEC-COAT improves the resistance to sacrificial corrosion of zinc and its alloys, inhibits the white corrosion of zinc and the red corrosion of steel.
• When ZEC-COAT is applied on the zinc surface, a 20-30 nm reaction layer is formed between the zinc layer and the ZEC. It can also be used on trivalent passivates.