It is a double coating chromium free (hexavalent and trivalent) that combines an inorganic zinc flake base coat with an organic top coat of high aluminum content. Being a non-electrolytic process there is no risk of hydrogen occlusion in high hardness steels.
- The basecoat promotes sacrificial protection of iron and steel, and the topcoat creates a barrier against corrosion.
- This coating has a built-in coefficient of friction modifying agent which provides the elimination of the need for application of subsequent sealers. This agent provides better repeatability in the torque / tension relationship in automated assembly.
- It has a better resistance to weathering corrosion compared to other similar treatments, it was developed to be used in screw, nuts, springs, stamped parts, etc. and can be applied by dip-spin centrifuge, dip-drainor spray.
- The treatment is heat-cured at 250ºC and this low temperature does not generate a risk of tempering in tempered parts.
- There is also the possibility of applying it on a base of electrolytic zinc plating.